Understanding what it takes to be a Good assistant Pastor
TO BE CALLED A FULL-TIME ASSISTANT PASTOR MEANS THE FOLLOWING THINGS YOU MAY NOT WANT TO HEAR OR ACCEPT:
- You are employed by Man not God.
So man must regulate your every move. God can’t tell you to be indoors on Monday, when your boss wants you to be on the street same Monday doing Evangelism. So you must know how to please God by pleasing your employer.
- You don’t have a message of your own, but the message of your Leader and Ministry. And incase you claim to have a message of your own, you must resign to preach it weekly.
- You don’t have what it takes to decide the city you will stay. You can be moved at any time. You can be moved Location notwithstanding.
- You can’t accept invitation to preach without the approval of your ‘Master’.
- You can’t invite any person to preach if your Ministry don’t allow it.
Infact, you are not the owner of the Altar to start with.
- You must dress the way the Ministry wants you to dress every Sunday morning. In our ministry, we only allow native on Thanksgiving Sundays. The Holy Spirit can’t tell you to wear native on any other Sunday.
- You can be moved from Pulpit-Ministry to Admin or Account Department. You were employed to serve the ministry assignment notwithstanding.
Those who have this understanding last more in apprenticeship matters.
Think twice before you jump into Full time ministry, so as not to make a fool of your self.
The people you complain to don’t know know these things. That is why they even listen to you.
Thanks for reading.
Bishop Irabor Wisdom.
Warri, Delta State.