THE BARRIER TO GRACE (PART 2)
TOPIC : THE BARRIER TO GRACE (PART 2)
Scripture :2 Kings 2: 14. And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
Beloved, I welcome you to another moment of encounter. Yesterday, we started exploring the barriers to grace because it is possible to hang around a grace carrier yet not partake in their grace. It is a case of one standing before a river and yet soap is entering the eyes. It is painful when you have witnessed grace demonstration and yet the grace is not working in your life neither is it producing results for you. We identified one of such barriers as pride. Today we intend to press further.
What could be the reason why you hang around grace and not benefit from that grace?
- Pride (details in our yesterday meditation)
- Greediness or covetousness : That was the error of Gehazi and Judas Iscariot. If all your attention is towards money and material things, you may hang around heavy grace, yet your life is full of disgrace because you will be denied of such grace. (2kg. 5:20-27). Gehazi that ought to have carried the double portion of Elisha’s grace ended up a story teller(2Kg.8:4)
- Heart connection failure: When your heart is not connected to your grace carrier a barrier to grace is created. The flow of grace takes heart connection. That explains why you could be far from a man of God and still carry his grace while someone that is very close to him never smells the grace because his heart was never with him. Eldad and Melded were far away from Moses, yet the grace upon Moses landed on them(Num. 11:26-29). Don’t just hang around when your heart is not yet connected.
- Failure to demand for the grace upon the one you are hanging around could create a barrier. Jesus said ask and it shall be given to you Matthew 7: 7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Our anchor scripture reveals that If Elisha has kept quiet, he would not have been able to deal with the problem that was confronting him, yet the same problem confronted his father Elijah and submitted to his father’s grace! But as he demanded for the grace of his father, the grace appear. (2Kg. 2:14)
Beloved, what the Holy Ghost is saying today is that there should be a time to demand for the grace you are under. There is no ministry without a characteristic grace, and also no minister you are under that does not have his own level of grace. It may not be as much as you desire, but it will work for you the way it is working for the minister. It has not worked because you have not demanded for it.
How can you be in a flourishing ministry and your life is not flourishing? Then demand for that grace!
How can you be in a prosperity ministry and your life is not prospering? Demand for that grace. How can you be in a healing and deliverance ministry, yet the devil and sickness will not allow you to rest and have peace? Demand for that grace!
How can you be faithfully serving God under a minister with grace for miracles, signs and wonder and your life lacks miracles, it lacks signs? Then demand for that grace now!
If Elisha had closed his mouth, the grace of his father Elijah will not have manifested, yet he would remain without crossing Jordan! What is that obstacle before you today, demand for the grace of your father and that obstacle will give way. If you don’t ask, the grace may never come. So ask today! A closed mouth is a closed destiny.
Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The rejection of Jesus is the way to hell
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
-Lord, help me not to be covetous and to demand for the grace I’m under in Jesus name.
Prophetic Declaration ;
- The grace that terminates shame and reproach, receive it today in the name of Jesus.
- Whatever represents Jordan or obstacles hindering you from moving to your next level in life gives way now in Jesus name.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.