Pastoral Ethics: Raw Ministerial Ethics When Invited To Another Church
TOPIC: Pastoral Ethics: Raw Ministerial Ethics When Invited To Another Church
- You don’t discuss your host with his members.
- You don’t ask your host members to come see you secretly for prayers.
- You are not to be collecting your host members telephone numbers.
- You can’t be inviting your host members to another church or your next ministrations.
- At least let the host know if someone blesses you, it won’t affect your honorarium.
- Never come to the city of your host to hold a program without his knowledge.
- Respect and acknowledge the wife or husband of your host.
- Know the full name of the church.
- Know the full name of the pastor you are ministering for.
10, Call the pastor with his right title.
- You don’t be little the pastor before his members.
- After your ministrations call the host pastor and thank him for the opportunity to minister in his church.
- Never complain about any gift(honorarium) given to you with the church leadership.
- Don’t be asking the members of your host to do shopping for you.
- Refuse dinner with host members unless the host pastor is invited.
- No pastor should regret bringing you to his church.
- Never feel the reason why you invited is because you are more anointed than your host.
- Stay within the time given to you and respect the order of the service
- If you are a guest artiste invited to sing please don’t say before I sing let me share … (Please don’t preach.)
- Don’t be stressing your host and the protocol assigned to you with unnecessary demands.
- It is a TABOO to sleep with any member of your host.
- Don’t use the pulpit of your host to promote yourself.
- Don’t assume you are allowed to sell books and CDs, ask permission first.
- Always make it a joyful experience by smiling and don’t insult the congregation.
- Always be ready to be picked up from your hotel by the time given to you by the host and don’t let them be waiting for long.
26 . You get hosted and get your host congregants mobile numbers and communicate with them nicodemously- it’s betraying trust.