HOW FAITH COMES
TOPIC: HOW FAITH COMES
Scripture:Romans 10: 17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Beloved, we shall continue what we started yesterday concerning the origin of the mystery of faith. We did establish that faith originates from the word of God.
From our anchor scripture we discover that:
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.Romans 10: 17.
You will observe that there are two ‘hearing’ from the above scripture The first ‘hearing’ means to perceive and the second ‘hearing’ means to understand. Therefore faith originates in any heart that can perceive and understand the word of God.
The Passion Translation renders thus:
Faith, then, is birthed in a heart that responds to God’s anointed utterance of the Anointed One.
(Romans 10:17 TPT)
This is why Kenneth E. Hagin of blessed memory quipped: The greatest enemy to faith is a lack of understanding of God’s Word. In fact, all hindrances to faith center on this: lack of knowledge, because you cannot believe or have faith beyond your actual knowledge of the Word of God.
So, perceiving and understanding of the word of God is the genesis of faith. Irrespective of how long you hang around faith preachers, if you cannot perceive and understand the word of God sent to you, faith will never rise up in your heart and you can never be victorious in the battles of life. Our key to victory is the mystery of faith. This is why the Bible says:
1 John 5: 4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Beloved, be sure that what you are hearing is the word of God! If you acted without the word of God, faith will not be born. It was T. L Osborn that opined that
“If what you hear preached doesn’t cause faith to come and be built in your spirit, then it either isn’t the Word of God or else you’re not hearing it”! So whatever you are hearing make sure it is the word of God.
What then is the word of God?
The word of God is any communication that releasees the voice of God, the ways of God and the life of God. The word of God is not Greek, Latin or English language but a platform for accessing the voice of God, the ways of God and the life of God. This explains why the Bible says:
Luke 4: 4. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Beloved God’s desire is that our lives become avenues for the release of the word of God. Infact, we are to be the Bible the world is reading.
What are the avenues or platform for the release of the word of God?
- Through Scriptures(2Tim.3:16, Jn.10:35)
- Through Worship (Acts 13:2)
- Through Playing of instruments (2Kg.3;15)
- Through preaching of the word(Acts 14:9)
- Through fasting and prayers(Matt.17:19-21)
- Listening to anointed teachings(CDs and DVDs)
- Through testimony (Rev.19:10)
- Through encounters(Exo.3;1-10)
- Reading anointed books/materials such as this devotional What is the character of a word that can be called the word of God? Remember this: Heaven is real and hell is real! The life you live on earth with Christ determines your place in eternity.
- Father thank you for your word to me today.
- Lord, help me to give attention to your word that is coming to me daily in Jesus name.
- I prophesy the release of the spirit of faith as you constantly listen to the word of faith in your life in the name of Jesus.
- I declare every dead faith, weak faith will come alive in the name of Jesus.
From your brother Alex
God bless you.